Two CBE Administrative Regulations that are relevant to CTS are:
CBE Administrative Regulation 3052 – Career and Technology Studies, Fine and Performing Arts and Integrated Occupational Programs (now called Knowledge and Employability courses)
CBE Administrative Regulation 1070 – Occupational Health and Safety
CBE Safety Services has created a number of resources that can be used in the class to support safety instruction.
- CBE Certificate of Recognition (COR) and Occupational Health and Safety – Management Guide 2009/10
- Occupational Health & Safety – Staff Handout
- Occupational Health & Safety – Quick Reference Brochure No.1
The Workplace Health and Safety section of Alberta Government, Employment and Immigration department provides many resources that are suitable for CTS course or Off-Campus support. Quick links are listed below for your convenience:
- Occupational Health & Safety Explanation Guide 2009
- OHS Safety Code 2009
- OHS Act
- Occupational Health and Safety Schoolkit
- Workplace Health and Safety for Schools – game format: provides basic information about workplace health and safety measures that can be applied to any school setting.
- Are Students and Volunteers Workers?
- New and Young Workers
- It'll Never Happen to Me – Learn from the tragedies of other young workers and find out if you are at risk at your job.
- Workplace Hazards – Information on how to identify hazards in your workplace.
- Edutainment / Awareness – Educational entertainment, watch videos, hear audio clips, see posters and learn more about the Work Safe Alberta Student Video Contest.
- Tips for Employers & Supervisors – Tip sheets on how to prevent injuries by creating a safe and healthy work environment for young workers.
- Tips for Parents – Tip sheets on how to prevent injuries by creating a safe and healthy work environment for young workers.
- Live Safe! Work Smart! – collection of resources for educational use
- Health and Safety 101 – e-course
Web Administrator: F.Elrick
Last Modified: September 10, 2014