What is a Resource Teacher?
This is a very common question from parent's that are just entering the world of "school." What is a resource teacher? I hope that this web site will provide you with answers and also with new information about the role of the resource teacher at Glendale School.
Here is a very brief idea of some of the things that I am involved in with the Glendale Community of Learners:
- support, strategize and plan for identified special needs children or those who just need that extra help to get "caught up"
- set up meetings involving outside agencies, parents and staff to better program for children.
- work closely with our Specialist, Strategists, Speech/Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Psychologists, and Student Health Partnership
- provide information through assessments about students learning needs and strengths
- Work with teachers to help set up and evaluate Individual Program Plans